- TikTok’s fashion and beauty partnerships lead, CeCe Vu, holds “growth strategy sessions” with brands to advise them how be successful on the platform.
- Her big message: trust creators.
- Business Insider spoke with Vu about her 6 key takeaways for brands, from co-creating with influencers through features like duets to leaning into the comments.
- “My role is to help [brands] realize what they can actually do,” she said.
- Subscribe to Business Insider’s influencer newsletter: Insider Influencers.
TikTok’s fashion and beauty partnerships lead, CeCe Vu, has one major message for brands: trust creators.
For TikTok and its creators, 2020 has been a roller coaster of growth and political uncertainty. And for brands, dipping their toes into marketing on TikTok has not been an easy transition.
While the app has spurred a rise of short-form video content across platforms (such as Instagram launching its TikTok copycat, Reels), brands still face challenges when it